Photo - Simon Ng, Regional Director, South Asia, ProphetStor Data Services
Software-defined storage specialist [SDS] ProphetStor has announced that its solution DR Prophet 3.0 now includes enhanced data protection for Windows snapshots as well as Windows 2003 SP2 and above, Oracle v10 and v11, and AIX v5.3 and above.
ProphetStor's regional director for South Asia, Simon Ng, said, "Data protection is evolving as enterprises transition to software-defined storage. Our regional strategic providers in Malaysia and Singapore understand and are active participants in this evolution."
DR Prophet is very complementary to their portfolio as it is our software-defined data protection solution." said Ng, adding that the DR Prophet has also been integrated with the Federator SDS storage hypervisor, Flexvisor, which means more seamless protection and data recovery to SDS for cloud computing, big data analytics, HPD and OpenStack.
He said the solution includes the "much needed intelligence to automate the configuration and centralised management for data protection on AIX and Windows application servers to minimise human intervention," based on pre-defined policies and system performance requirements.
"As virtual storage environments evolve to be defined by software, data protection for current and transitioning environments is the next great challenge for IT organizations," said ProphetStor chief executive officer, Eric Chen.
"ProphetStor is proactively addressing this virtual infrastructure puzzle by providing comprehensive data protection services as organizations move toward software-defined data centres," said Chen.
"DR Prophet is data protection which considers space, performance, and QoS such as availability as well as reliability. It is flexible enough to meet the requirements from SMB users to cloud computing data centres," he said.
Chen said, "The software-defined data protection solution also provides centralised management of multiple application servers, storage servers, and management servers through a web console that reduces the administration complexity and the time required to manage data protection. Management can be conducted easily on the network using any web browser."
Key features in DR Prophet include:
- Automatic data protection through pre-defined policies and system performance requirements to protect data application servers with minimal human intervention
- Application-aware data protection through agents running on application servers
- Mirrored disks for fault tolerance and local protection so that backup functions are off loaded from production systems and onto the storage servers
- High performance snapshots for data protection and recovery, with up to 1,000 per LUN
- Non-disruptive DR rehearsal to be conducted at any time with minimal impact to daily operations
- Comprehensive dashboard and reports for problem analysis, performance tuning, and system maintenance for system administrators
- Centralised management of multiple application, storage, and management servers through a user friendly GUI web console, reducing administrative complexity and the required time to manage
Founded in 2012, ProphetStor, which is headquartered in Milpitas, California, has branch offices in Asia-Pacific regions to deliver federated storage solutions.
Sign up for Computerworld eNewsletters.