Customer Care Survey:
The annual Computerworld Malaysia Customer Care Survey provides a reality check on IT vendors' customer care programmes, and gives their customers a platform to express their satisfaction (or lack thereof) with the services that typically come with the products they have been paying for.
The Measure of Customer Excellence
Every year, Fairfax Business Research, the research arm of Fairfax Business Media, surveys Computerworld Malaysia readers - who represent this nation's enterprise customers of IT services and solutions - on the quality of service they receive from their technology vendor and service providers.
All IT job titles within end-user organisations will be invited to participate in a survey on their experiences with technology vendors. They will score their major supplies on:
1. Implementation: Was the project delivered on time and on budget? Was the implementation process designed to take into account the needs of your organisation? Were vendor employees well-informed and helpful? Was user training completed to a high standard?
2. Ongoing customer service: How long did the phone ring before someone attends to a service request? How long did it take before skilled personnel appear on-site to solve customers' problems? Did your vendor make you feel like a valuable customer once the implementation is complete?
Responses collected will be subjected to a rigorous scoring system that is proprietary to Fairfax Business Research, to determine the winning vendor in every technology category.
The Customer Care Awards covers supplies of everything from enterprise software to hardware and telecommunication services within the following categories:
1. Server Hardware
2. Desktop & Notebook PCs
3. Storage Hardware
4. Physical Infrastructure - Networks
5. Desktop & Server Management Software
6. Storage Management Software
7. Enterprise Content Management Software
8. Collaboration and Workflow Productivity Software
9. Business Intelligence and Analytics Software
10. Database Management Software
11. Open Source Software
C. VIRTUALISATION SOLUTIONS
12. Desktop Virtualisation
13. Server Virtualisation
14. Storage Virtualisation
D. SECURITY SYSTEMS
15. Firewall/VPN Solutions
16. Anti-virus/Anti-spam Solution
17. Intrusion Detection/Protection Solution
E. COMMUNICATION SERVICES
18. Telecommunication Services
19. VOIP/IP Telephony Systems